Hello everyone! I’ve released Rails version 3.0.7!
I want to say thanks to Santiago for handling the release candidate gems. He’s
on vacation, so I get to do the real thing.
The main change in this release is to fix a performance regression in
ActiveRecord that was introduced in version 3.0.6.
For a web friendly view, check out the compare view
For those that want the TL;DR of the commits, here are the pertinant CHANGELOG
entries for each project:
Hash.from_xml no longer loses attributes on tags containing only whitespace
- Destroying records via nested attributes works independent of
LH #6006 [Durran Jordan]
- Delegate any? and many? to Model.scoped for consistency [Andrew White]
- Quote the ORDER BY clause in batched finds - fixes #6620 [Andrew White]
- Change exists? so records are not instantiated - fixes #6127. This prevents
after_initialize callbacks being triggered when checking
for record existence.
- Fix performance bug with attribute accessors which only occurred on
Ruby 1.8.7, and ensure we cache type-casted values when the column returned
from the db contains non-standard chars.
- Fix a performance regression introduced here
read_attribute method [Stian Grytøyr]
- remove AM delegating
register_interceptor to Mail
Just in case!
$ shasum *
Have a great week everyone!
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3