June 6, 2005
- FCGI-powered Rails on Windows 2003
- Just because you’re forced to run Windows at work shouldn’t preclude you from getting jiggy with Ruby on Rails. The Windows crowd on the Rails mailing list have been working...
June 2, 2005
- Jamis and Jeremy bestowed with commit rights
- While we’ve had restricted parts of the Rails repository available for committing by others than yours truly (Leon on AWS, Sam on prototype), the trunk has been closely guarded until...
June 2, 2005
- James Duncan Davidson embraces Rails
- James Duncan Davidson and Mike Clark have been working together on a commercial Rails project for a few weeks now. And while Mike has long been singing the praises of...
June 1, 2005
- Appreciating the functional testing in Rails
- Jonathan Nolen and his buddy David has been having a lot of fun practicing eXtreme Programming with Rails over the weekend. He’s most impressed by the support for functional testing:...
May 29, 2005
- Sign up for Rails Day
- The signup for Rails Day has opened up. It’s 24 hours to produce a killer Rails application from scratch and a great chance to win lots of cool prizes.
May 27, 2005
- Beta book: Agile Web Development with Rails
- The first Rails book is out — in beta. Agile Web Development with Rails is not scheduled to hit hardcopy before early August, but people need the information now. What...
May 22, 2005
- Setting up continuous integration with CIA
- CIA is a low-fi continuous integration server dedicated to testing Rails applications. It’s less than 100 lines of code and very ugly. Thus, it has been somewhat of a well-kept...
May 21, 2005
- David Siegel wants to build his film app in Rails
- David Siegel has been working on an interesting database for the structure of films: Some people know me as a type designer, a web designer, an entrepreneur, author, or public...
May 18, 2005
- Odeo is hiring another Rails developer
- I didn’t line them all up for this, I swear. But Rails positions are just emerging from everywhere. Today its the imminent podcasting venture know as Odeo that’s looking for...
May 17, 2005
- More Rails jobs: Adaptive Path, Check Giant
- Adaptive Path is in need of some extra talent, writes Michael Buffington: If you’re interested in a pretty aggressive project and you’re good with Ruby on Rails, drop me a...