September 30, 2007
- Rails 2.0: Preview Release
- Behold, behold, Rails 2.0 is almost here. But before we can slap on the final stamp, we’re going to pass through a couple of trial release phases. The first is...
September 27, 2007
- UC Berkeley teaches Ruby on Rails
- UC Berkeley is teaching Ruby on Rails in its CS198 Rad Labs class. The class is being taught by Dave Patterson, the creator of RISC, SPARC, RAID, and more. Quite...
September 25, 2007
- Designing scalable architectures
- Jason Hoffman from Joyent had a great tutorial at RailsConf Europe on Scaling a Rails Application from the Bottom Up. It defines the key terms and measurements of scaling and...
September 22, 2007
- Summary of security articles and plugins
- The QuarkRuby blog has created a great Ruby on Rails Security Guide that gives you a wealth of links to articles and plugins dealing with security in Rails applications. Everything...
September 20, 2007
- Rails tool space is heating up
- There’s a lot of action going on in the Rails IDE space these days. Besides Aptana RadRails, which has been around for a long time, Sun’s got impressive Rails support...
September 20, 2007
- RailsConf EU '07 is over
- The party in Berlin came to an end all too soon. I had a blast there and so did everyone else it seemed. Such a fantastic atmosphere and group of...
September 15, 2007
- How to get a patch into Rails
- For a while, the patch queue was getting badly out of hand. The flood of new entries was simply too great to be reasonably managed by a small group of...
September 9, 2007
- Rails wiki is back in business
- After a short period of downtime following a massive spam attack, the Rails wiki is now back in business.
September 6, 2007
- RailsConf Europe sells out!
- RailsConf Europe is coming up fast and we’re happy to report that all the seats are now gone. We’ll have one packed show to put on. I can’t wait to...
August 24, 2007
- Rails Envy strikes .NET and CakePHP
- The fantastic team at Rails Envy is back with their Apple-style commercials comparing Ruby on Rails to a variety of competing environments. This time they have a one-two punch first...