June 2, 2008
- RubyEnRails 2008
- RubyEnRails 2008 is a Dutch Rails conference happening on June 10th. They still have a few tickets left, so if you’re able to go, there’s still the option. Lots of...
June 2, 2008
- RailsConf in 36 minutes
- Gregg Pollack has made a great video with interviews of speakers and attendants at RailsConf as a way of giving people who weren’t there a taste of what it was...
June 1, 2008
- Rails 2.1: Time zones, dirty, caching, gem dependencies, caching, etc
- Rails 2.1 is now available for general consumption with all the features and fixes we’ve been putting in over the last six months since 2.0. This has been a huge...
May 3, 2008
- Guide to creating and testing patches with Git
- Michael has written up a guide on how to create and test patches with Git. A good read for anyone interested in contributing or following the development of Rails.
May 2, 2008
- Help improve Rails documentation on Git branch
- Pratik’s documentation branch for Rails has moved to http://github.com/lifo/docrails. This branch is open for all to contribute to directly. Just send Pratik a note on Github asking for access and...
April 30, 2008
- Rails 2.1 release candidate is imminent!
- Threat level orange, guys! The release candidate for Rails 2.1 is drawing awfully close, so if you’ve been sitting on a patch that just must make it in now is...
April 29, 2008
- RailsConf keynotes: Kent Beck, Joel Spolsky, Jeremy Kemper, yours truly
- I’m happy to announce that we finalized the keynote line-up for this year’s RailsConf and I can’t believe the great names we got (especially that last guy on the list,...
April 23, 2008
- Agile Web Development with Rails, 3rd Edition
- You asked for, heck, you demanded it, and now it’s becoming a reality. The original Rails book, Agile Web Development with Rails, is getting a facelift and the 3rd edition...
April 22, 2008
- ALA special on Rails
- A List A Part is featuring a special issue dedicated to Ruby on Rails. There’s Creating More Using Less Effort with Ruby on Rails by Michael Slater and Getting Started...
April 21, 2008
- Ruby Heroes accepting nominations
- Ruby Hero Award is a great initiative to highlight some of all the hard-working people in the Ruby and Rails communities who might otherwise not get as much exposure as...